Monday 11 January 2016

BOWIE

So, there goes one of the most iconic, talented, proper musicians Britain has ever made. I have to admit that I did shed a tear at the news of Bowie's death this morning, he's always been one of my favourites. I have a poster with the lyrics to Heroes on my bedroom wall.

Recently, Bowie released a powerful music video for Lazarus. After hearing of today's sad news it prompted me to watch it again: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y-JqH1M4Ya8 I think that this is a true display of Bowie's commitment to music, he can even turn his death into art.

However, I think that this is an opportunity to be grateful for all of the music he has given us over the years. He has inspired countless musicians, guiding the next generations of talent. Bowie truly captivated the world with his music and could take us anywhere in his mind. He really loved what he did, I mean, Blackstar was released only three days ago as his 'parting gift'. I am very proud knowing that Bowie didn't fade over time, from the start to the end, his music has grown into new and wonderful things. RIP Bowie, but your music will live on.

I made a playlist dedicated to all of my favourite Bowie music:
https://open.spotify.com/user/livviehall/playlist/0iC1j5LI0nlxTreD1RxXJm

No comments:

Post a Comment